Sylvia was born in Nuevo Laredo, Tamaulipas , and raised in Laredo. Ever since she can remember , she has always had a love for music and dance. She was a cheerleader in elementary and took dance lessons with Camelia. In middle school she danced for “Ballet Folklórico de Laredo.” She was in high school band for 4 years and played the flute, xylophone, and symbols. When she was 23 years old, she obtained her aerobics certification through AFAA, and Spin certification through MAD DOGG. She taught aerobics and Spinning for 14 years. Sylvia is currently a licensed massage therapist in the State of Texas, since 2004, and owns and operates her own business. It was through her business of massage therapy that she met the other wonderful instructors at Casa Yoga. Alejandra invited her to her first Hot Yoga class in 2016, and she immediately fell in love with Yoga. She obtained her 200 hr. Vinyasa Certification in 2018 here at Casa Yoga. Sylvia loves people and feel a complete sense of joy bringing healing to their bodies. She is grateful to God for gifting her with the gifts of healing and teaching, because through those gifts, she feels able to manifest His greatness and love. She is beyond blessed with her wonderful husband, Gil, and her two beautiful daughters Marissa and Daniela, which are her pride, joy, and support system! She loves spending time with them and their five dogs. They are her world! She believes the best doctors of medicine are: GOD, sunshine, air, water, exercise, diet, rest, laughter, and love.
“God is my strength and power, He makes my way perfect.” - 2 Samuel 22:33
1. Arrive a few minutes before class. Please note: absolutely no late entries are permitted.
2. No cell phones are permitted in the studio. Please leave them in a cubby or in the car.
3. Our yoga studio are quiet zones. That means no talking before, during, or after class. You are welcome to visit with friends in the lounge or boutique.
4. Casa Yoga has a no children policy. Due to liability, we do not allow children to wait in the lobby while parents are in class, under any circumstances.
5. Show up to class clean (no make-up), fragrance free & smoke free.
6. Hydrate before, during and after class. Avoid eating 2 hours before class.
7. Please try to remain in the yoga room from beginning to end. Should you feel dizzy or overheated, try restring for a moment on your mat. Should you need to, please exit quietly without distracting others.
8. Please store your belongings in the cubbies outside of studio and leave your valuables at home.
9. Please let your instructor know of any injuries or physical restrictions before class.
10. Pricing, classes, and instructors are subject to change without notice.