Valeria was born in Mexico City and has been living in Laredo, Texas nearly all her life. Her love of yoga began over ten years ago when she attended her very first class with Alejandra. Since then, her passion for it has been deepened through her attendance of various workshops and retreats, like the Texas Yoga Retreat in Austin. She began her certification in 2011 through the Living Yoga Program in Austin, and became certified in early 2012.
Valeria’s passion for teaching yoga was sparked by the effect practicing has had on her own life. She believes yoga is something that begins in a studio but spills naturally into other areas of life, bringing health and awareness. She feels strongly about the benefits that pranayama (breathing) can bring to help achieve new and more challenging postures and to reduce stress in one’s life.
Valeria has also begun to deepen her meditation practice and has attended two weekend workshops with Casa Tibet Laredo.
Off the mat, Valeria enjoys spending her time with her husband Poncho, and their two beautiful children, as well as with her book club buddies and singing karaoke whenever she gets a chance.
1. Arrive a few minutes before class. Please note: absolutely no late entries are permitted.
2. No cell phones are permitted in the studio. Please leave them in a cubby or in the car.
3. Our yoga studio are quiet zones. That means no talking before, during, or after class. You are welcome to visit with friends in the lounge or boutique.
4. Casa Yoga has a no children policy. Due to liability, we do not allow children to wait in the lobby while parents are in class, under any circumstances.
5. Show up to class clean (no make-up), fragrance free & smoke free.
6. Hydrate before, during and after class. Avoid eating 2 hours before class.
7. Please try to remain in the yoga room from beginning to end. Should you feel dizzy or overheated, try restring for a moment on your mat. Should you need to, please exit quietly without distracting others.
8. Please store your belongings in the cubbies outside of studio and leave your valuables at home.
9. Please let your instructor know of any injuries or physical restrictions before class.
10. Pricing, classes, and instructors are subject to change without notice.