Ethel truly believes that life is better with yoga in it. She loves the happiness it brings her life through the balance, focus, awareness, sense of grounding, and overwhelming feeling of love it provides for her. The laughter and joy of letting go reminds her of the youthful side that lives in us all. After practicing yoga with Alejandra for over 10 years, she decided it was time to get her certification. With a loving, encouraging push, Alejandra urged her to truly “take her practice off the mat” and start sharing her love with others. In 2011, she received her certification from Core Power Yoga. She has enjoyed every step of this wellness quest in life as a peaceful happy, loving warrior and is forever grateful to Alejandra for believing in her.
Ethel is energized by sharing her energy with others. She believes in teaching with love and attention to the connection of mind, body, and breath. As a chef, teaching yoga and preparing a well thought out meal bring her a gratifying feeling like no other. Yoga has brought a conscious awareness to Ethel’s relationship with food. She believes the connection between breath and asana is paralleled by the connection between nourishment and food that we should strive for. Let food fuel you and make you happy at the same time.
"The yogi believes in harmony, so he eats for the sake of sustenance only. He does not eat too much or too little. He looks upon his body as the rest-house of his spirit and guards himself against over-indulgence." - B.K.S. Iyangar, Light in Yoga
1. Arrive a few minutes before class. Please note: absolutely no late entries are permitted.
2. No cell phones are permitted in the studio. Please leave them in a cubby or in the car.
3. Our yoga studios are quiet zones. That means no talking before, during, or after class. You are welcome to visit with friends in the lounge or boutique.
4. Casa Yoga has a no children policy. Due to liability, we do not allow children to wait in the lobby while parents are in class, under any circumstances.
5. Show up to class clean (no make-up), fragrance free & smoke free.
6. Hydrate before, during and after class. Avoid eating 2 hours before class.
7. Please try to remain in the yoga room from beginning to end. Should you feel dizzy or overheated, try restring for a moment on your mat. Should you need to, please exit quietly without distracting others.
8. Please store your belongings in the cubbies outside of studio and leave your valuables at home.
9. Please let your instructor know of any injuries or physical restrictions before class.
10. Pricing, classes, and instructors are subject to change without notice.